This is the story of me, Ethan Maxwell, the newborn son of Andrew and Sylvia. It will follow my journey through life from my Mommy's tummy to my birth on May 17, 2007 and beyond. Then Daddy will make it my personal diary for family and friends. Hope you enjoy the ride with me.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Homecoming and First Doctor's Visit

Hey y'all (I'm a Southerner ya know), here's another update from me, Ethan Maxwell.

Well, we had our Homecoming on Saturday, May 19. It was a big deal for my Mommy and Daddy because the training wheels came off with regards to parenthood. It also gave me an opportunity to meet my three furry brothers, Kona, Zeus and Kekoa. They are much different looking in person then I imagined them to be from the inside. Anyway, when we got home there was a wonderful surprise. Uncle Neil and Tante Ricarda decorated the front of the house to announce my arrival. Here are some pictures (you can enlarge the pictures by clicking on them, then use the "back" button on your browser to return to the blog):


Me and Mommy before leaving the hospital.

Our Home with "It's A Boy" sign above the porch

We also had my first doctor's visit on Wednesday, May 23. We went to see Dr. Mulberry, who gave me the quick lube and tire rotation and proclaimed everything "A OK." I actually gained 2 ounces since my birth which is great, and I don't have any jaundice or any negative after effects from delivery. We get to go see her again in a month. At my 2 month appointment is when I get my first shots. Mommy says she doesn't want to go to that appointment because she doesn't want to see me in pain. Daddy says, "it's just a shot, it's no big deal." Mommy then laughed and said, "no big deal, then why did you almost pass out when they gave me the epidural?" Daddy then immediately changed the subject. =)


Me in my boppy after dad fed me. Good job dad!

I must be a pretty big deal because I keep getting gifts from all these people I don't know. I got some more gifts from Sal and Joan C. Daddy said Joan's name really funny...like "Jooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaan." I don't know what that was about, but Daddy says it's an old family inside joke with Sal and Joan. We got another really cool gift from David C. and his family. Daddy says he is a really good guy, even though he is an Auburn fan and not a USC fan. I haven't a clue what that all means, I just eat, poop and sleep right now. Maybe these issues will be more clear once I grow older? We also got an awesome "Hawaiian" themed basket from Les, Jenny and Harley P. Daddy speaks very highly of Les because Les does some very dangerous work for the Army. Les is going to Iraq very soon, and Mommy and Daddy says we will all keep him in our thoughts and prayers while he is away and his family is without him. Finally, I got some more sleepers (since I don't have many that fit right now) & a very soft teddy bear from Grandma Carole. She is always thinking about me. Mommy and Daddy says I get to meet her on June 2nd, so I am really excited about that. So are Mommy and Daddy!

My cousins Michael and Sarah made me a very cool poster welcoming me to the family. Mommy says we are going to hang it in my room. Well, here are some more pictures, then it is back to sleep.


This is me sleeping in my new outfit given to me by Uncle Neil and Tante Ricarda. Aren't socks supposed to go on your feet?

A little close up of me on day 6 of life. This is what I look like when they are burping me - cute, huh?

Me in my new bouncer from the nice ladies at Mommy's office

Some skin to skin time with my daddy. I hope my chest becomes this hairy.

Me this morning for my first tummy time - not alot of fun but I heard it is important for my neck muscles.


Time to go back to sleep......

Ethan Maxwell

No comments: