This is the story of me, Ethan Maxwell, the newborn son of Andrew and Sylvia. It will follow my journey through life from my Mommy's tummy to my birth on May 17, 2007 and beyond. Then Daddy will make it my personal diary for family and friends. Hope you enjoy the ride with me.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thanksgiving & Mrs. Claus...

Hey everyone, time for another Ethan Maxwell update!

It has been some time since I last posted, and when we were looking back over the last entries, we realized Daddy totally forgot to talk about my first Thanksgiving. Jeez daddy, what's up with that? Anyway, my first Thanksgiving was really nice, we all went over to our friends Joe T. and Kathy T.'s house. They had their family in from Ohio, and they were gracious enough to invite us over for the festivities. Let me tell you, I have never been to one of the Thanksgiving things before, but there was a LOT of food. I can't eat any of it yet, but it smelled really good and Mommy and Daddy said all the food was delicious. But even more important than that was Mommy and Daddy were very thankful to have me ('cause I'm pretty darn cute and awesome ya know!), family that loves us, and friends that care about us too. We all had a great time, here are some pictures.
Me at the dinner table...

Mommy and me playing on the floor...

Kathy T., who is like a lovable Aunt to me...

Well, the Christmas thing is coming up I am told. I don't understand much about it except there is some important guy I have to suck up to all year in order to get things I want. Personally, I think that may be a raw deal, but Mommy and daddy say, it is important that I be a good little boy, eat my food, show respect to my elders without being fearful (in other words, stand up for what I believe in and don't get pushed around...be firm, be strong, be calm). I guess they know what they are talking about. Anyway, this big guy whom they call "Santy Claws," had his wife come down and visit us kids in my neighborhood. I guess the big guy was too busy getting ready for this Christmas thing, so he threw us a bone and sent his old lady down to sub. Really though, Mrs. Claus looked very much like our neighbor "Granny" whom I spend some time with now and then if Mommy and Daddy need to go somewhere, or clean the house. There were a lot of kids here and "Mrs. Claus" sure was nice. I guess I need to be thankful that she took some important time off from baking cookies and making cocoa to show her love for us kiddies.

Me and Mrs. Claus (psst, I think it's my neighbor "Granny")

Well, that's all for now. We are expecting some colder weather soon..these days of 70+ degree weather is for the birds! Next week, Grandma Carole arrives...we are ALL very excited!

Ethan Maxwell

No comments: