This is the story of me, Ethan Maxwell, the newborn son of Andrew and Sylvia. It will follow my journey through life from my Mommy's tummy to my birth on May 17, 2007 and beyond. Then Daddy will make it my personal diary for family and friends. Hope you enjoy the ride with me.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Rinse Cycle

Good morning, it's me Ethan Maxwell, with another exciting installment of my life!

So the other day, I was kicking back in Mommy's tummy when all of a sudden I start being tumbled around in here. I mean, I am used to tumbling, but on MY terms. But here I am being swished around like "laundry in the rinse cycle" (Daddy's term, not mine cause I have no idea what" laundry" or "rinse cylce" mean anyway). I mean I was tumbling and sloshing around so much that I had to give Mommy a few swift Shao Lin Dragon kicks to the side to remind her, "Hey now, remember me in here!"

Well, I come to find out Mommy was doing "prenatal yoga." She was doing these weird poses and stretches which is supposed to be good for her. Now I am all about having Mommy happy cause I get the benefits when she is. I could have at least used a warning so I could grab a hold of something in here....hey, what's this rope doing here? Maybe that is my safety line next time this "yoga" stuff starts happening again?

Anyway, Daddy was talking to me the other day and said they ordered my furniture for my room (many, many thanks to Aunt Robyn, Uncle AJ and Grandma Carole!). Woo Hoo, new stuff for my digs...bitchen (California word from Daddy's L.A. days)! Daddy also said he painted some letters for my room in Cardinal and Gold (Daddy's school's colors - USC). Daddy also says he is very excited for his "lil' buddy" (that's me) to arrive. I have to say, I am pretty excited about meeting this guy called "Daddy," he seems like he'll be a lot of fun...and we are all about FUN!

Now, I would be remiss (pretty big word for an in-vitro kid, huh?) if I didn't show a new picture of me inside Mommy's tummy, so here it is!
***
A Special Day

Daddy told me to mention that today, Sunday February 25 is a very special day for two reasons. The first, it was his Grandma Essie's birthday. I never met her, well, technically speaking I haven't met anyone yet, but Daddy says he and Mommy LOVED her very much, and that they both miss her. She is in Heaven now. Grandma Carole, Aunt Robyn, Uncle AJ, Cousins Michael and Sarah, and Daddy's Uncle Alan and his family all miss her too.

Second, today is Uncle Kenny's birthday too! Happy Birthday Uncle Kenny!

Until next time, back to (self inflicted) tumbling!

Ethan Maxwell

No comments: