This is the story of me, Ethan Maxwell, the newborn son of Andrew and Sylvia. It will follow my journey through life from my Mommy's tummy to my birth on May 17, 2007 and beyond. Then Daddy will make it my personal diary for family and friends. Hope you enjoy the ride with me.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Trail of Destruction

Hey Everyone, time for an Ethan Maxwell update...

Well, last night we had a little excitement in our neighborhood. While I was fast asleep, Daddy heard some sirens getting very close to the house. When he looked to see what was going on, there was a fire truck just behind our house, so he went to investigate.

Well, it seems like some lady was possibly driving drunk (I don't know what "drunk" means, but Daddy says it is a VERY BAD thing) down the street behind us and plowed into several mailboxes before going down the hill at the end of one of our streets. Thank God no one was injured or killed...this car could have plowed into a house right at the intersection (it is a "T" intersection). Anyway, when Daddy took Kona and Zeus for their Sunday walk, he took some pictures.

R.I.P. model house mailbox (see how far it was knocked from its original location)

What remains of the model house mailbox

You'll shoot your eye out kid!

Our neighbor Joe and Amanda's mailbox and tree weren't spared

Nothing but a crumpled mess now...

The end of the line...this is where her car went down the hill (it was gone this morning)

Don't DRINK and DRIVE!
Ethan Maxwell

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! We heard noise last night but thought it was the tv! Then this morning we went out and saw that tree and the mailboxes and thought that perhaps it wasn't the tv after all! What hill is that? And, do you know who it was? I hope it wasn't anyone in our neighborhood!

Andrew M. said...

It is the the hill behind the empty lot at the end of Pepperbush...just to the right of 6000 Boxelder Cove.

Anonymous said...

Just to the right of.......key words. WOW! The tire marks are from whatever towed the car out I bet! Very Scary!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, after looking at it again I figured that's where it was. Really happy nobody was hurt.