This is a photograph taken by my Daddy. It is the Veterans Cemetery in Makawao, Maui, Hawaii. He wanted me to post this to remind people to vote. I asked Daddy if he votes and he said:"Look at this picture my son. I consider it my DUTY to vote for my government, not because I am political, or because I feel my one vote will make a difference (it can). I vote because many men and women gave their lives to give me the opportunity to have my say. Never forget that. To not vote, is to dishonor all those who came before me and gave the last measure of themselves so that we, as a society could persevere and prosper. I cast my vote to thank them, and to honor them that their selfless act was not in vain. When you are old enough, I expect you to vote too."
Okay, a lot of what Daddy says I can't understand, but I know it must be important stuff. My Mommy doesn't vote, but Daddy says that is okay. She is not an American citizen, so she can't vote.
So, go vote!
[UPDATE] - Daddy voted! =)
Ethan Maxwell
No comments:
Post a Comment